Hello Scouting Families!
It is officially time to sign up for our summer BSA camps!! Our summer camps are a HUGE highlight for our scouts and are often listed as some of their favorite scouting experiences! We’d like to encourage everyone to try one or more out this summer, as there is something out there for everyone!
The options and information can be overwhelming, so please call me or your den leaders and we will be happy to answer questions!
**Please take special note that Day Camp is an ONLINE registration system starting April 18th at 7:00am. Sign up at www.sammtrailsdaycamp.org. This camp fills up QUICKLY!
Lake Wenatchee State Park: North Campground
Pack 428 Summer Family Camp (Family Tent Camping)
Friday, June 22rd through Sunday, June 24th 2018
Come join us for two nights of tent camping on Lake Wenatchee! We have 14 camp sites reserved. Come join the fun and get to know other scouting families! This is where the memories are made!
We will enjoy hiking together, learning scouting skills, roasting s’mores, songs around the campfire, and yes… even a little relaxation! Bring the whole family!
We have reserved 14 campsites which are available to the first 14 families that sign up. However, a site can have multiple tents and up to 8 people. If necessary, we may be able to double up and fit more people, or reserve additional spots.
- Fee is $75.00 per family, which covers the cost of the campsite rental
- Fees are due to our Treasurer, Mark Nelson, by our June picnic
- Families are responsible for their own food and equipment (however some of our families have extra equipment, so please ask if you need something!)
- We will have evening campfires, one shared meal, s’mores, skits, hiking and other fun activities planned along with unstructured time for all the families to hang out with one another
Sign up HERE to reserve your spot at this year’s Pack 428 Family Camp!
Make checks payable to Cub Scout Pack 428. Please note on the check what camp your payment is for, turn it in at the next Pack or Den meeting.
Cub Scout Day Camp
Afternoons only (no overnights) for 4 consecutive days
Pack 428 will be attending the Twilight camp: Sign up is ONLINE and opens April 18th at 7:00am! – Registration for this camp usually fills up in the first 2 weeks. You will need to move quickly if you want your scout to enjoy this experience!
TWILIGHT SESSION – JULY 9 – 12, 2018 (STARTS AT 2:15-8:30PM)
HANS JENSEN YOUTH CAMPGROUND, LAKE SAMMAMISH STATE PARK, ISSAQUAH, WA
NORTH TO ALASKA!
In addition to the activities Cub Scouts expect such as shooting sports, archery, songs and skits, Scouts will enjoy learning a bit more about the wilds of Alaska with this year’s theme. Getting involved is the best way to be part of the FUN, so let’s get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
COST: $85 PAID ONLINE WITH A 2% TRANSACTION FEE, IF REGISTERED BY MAY 31ST. COST: $110 BEGINNING JUNE 1ST.
FINANCIAL AID (CAMPERSHIPS) IS AVAILABLE.
Cub Scout day camp involves the efforts of pack and district volunteers to create an educational, inspirational and fun experience for Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts and Webelos. Similar to residence camp, we must sign up for day camp as a pack. This camp is run entirely by volunteers and depends upon the participation of scout leaders and parents.
Each adult must volunteer at least 1 day (if not 2) per scout depending on the number of scouts from our pack that signup. The volunteer work is not difficult, it just involves keeping track of our group of boys and moving them from one station to the next or assisting at an assigned station as the boys move through. It is a really fun event to participate in and you will be glad you did! We traditionally attend the Twilight session and leave for camp around 1:30pm. We will set up a carpool to help with transportation and leave from the Houghton park and ride. It’s worth taking a half a day off work to experience this camp! Only $85 for 4 days of fun!
This camp is a blast and always very well organized. For those scouts who love a full schedule of camp activities, without having to sleep away from home, this is the ticket!
Register here starting April 18th: http://www.sammtrailsdaycamp.org/
Have your health insurance forms handy when you register.
- Click on the button that says “click here to register” .
- Create an account in the parent’s name to register your cub scout(s) and parent volunteer(s).
- Select the correct day camp SESSION (Sammamish Trails – Daytime OR Sammamish Trails – Twilight).
- Enter PACK NUMBER
- After you create an account you will go back to the original screen. Use your account to log in.
- When you have logged in, click the blue “Registration Forms” button. Complete the online Cub/Webelos form for each scout in your family, and electronically sign the consent at end of form.
- Complete a campership form if applicable for your scout(s).
- Complete the online Parent Volunteer form for each adult who will volunteer at Day Camp. (If you don’t know your volunteer days, you can arrange with your Pack Coordinator later.)
- Make your camp payment via credit card link on top of Main Screen. Note that the credit card payment does not work with Microsoft Edge.
Cub Scout Residence Camp at Camp Edwards
Thursday, July 26th thru Sunday, July 29th – Sign up now for 4 days and 3 nights of fun!
Camp Edwards is located at 25600 Monroe Camp Rd, Snohomish, WA 98290
We leave around 6:30am on Thursday and return around lunch time on Sunday
Medical Form – Parts A, B are required for both scouts AND adults,part C is highly recommended and includes a physical exam by an approved medical provider
Please know that BSA will not allow you to stay at camp without the completed form. Medical form must be turned in two weeks prior to attending camp.
Here is the link for the Medical Form: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_AB.pdf
Come explore your wild side in a Jungle Adventure at the recently remodeled Camp Edward! Eight large new campsites have tents (or you can bring your own), cabins and share two restroom facilities with private showers. Highlights include climbing tower, a mine to explore, and Cub World featuring a fort and nature activity center! Sign up now for 4 days and 3 nights of fun!
Traditionally, we sign up for this camp as a Pack, so the scouts can attend with their buddies and work on advancements together. If the date we have chosen does not work for you, you are welcome to register individually and attend at a time that is more convenient for you. If you register individually, a parent must attend with their scout.
This year, Pack 428 is attending Session 4, which is Thursday, July 26th through Sunday, July 29th. Parents are encouraged to attend camp with their scouts. Older scouts (Webelos 1 and 2 are eligible to attend camp without a parent – contingent on leadership approval). For more details about Camp Edwards, see the “Camp Edwards Resident Camp Brochure.” Camp Edwards is located at 25600 Monroe Camp Rd, Snohomish, WA 98290
To register to attend with Pack 428:
- The fee for scouts is $260, due to our Treasurer, Mark Nelson, by the June picnic.
- The fee for adults is $166, due to our Treasurer, Mark Nelson, by the June picnic.
- There is no price break for part time participants. However, parents can arrange to join their scout on Thursday evening and thus avoid missing two days of work.
- The Pack is pleased to offer partial camperships for those families who need them. Full scholarships are offered for extenuating circumstances. Please apply for a campership with our Treasurer, Mark Nelson. His contact information is listed below.
- Please RSVP HERE!
- Make checks payable to Cub Scout Pack 428. Please note on the check what camp your payment is for, turn it in at the next Pack or Den meeting, or mail it to:
12219 NE 80th St.
Kirkland, WA 98033
Cub Day at Camp Edward or Camp Pigott
Pack 428 doesn’t typically do these camps as a pack, but dens are welcome to set up a day or scouts can attend with their parents and friends.
Give your Cub Scouts, and their families and friends a taste of what camp has to offer at Cub Day at Camp! Spend the day participating in games and crafts, and try out the archery and BB gun ranges. We encourage Cubs to bring their friends to increase the fun! It’ll also get Lions, Tigers, Cubs and Webelos excited about Cub Resident Camp. We are also offering the same activities to girls ages 7-10 during all sessions! Cost includes lunch. Space is limited so register early!
Your Cub Scouts are in for an action-packed day! Upon arrival, camp exploration groups will be formed. They will investigate all the camp areas, take part in craft projects, explore the nature trail, and try out the archery and BB gun range. Lunch will be served by the camp staff and the day will end with an inspirational closing ceremony. You may attend as packs, dens, or families. Younger siblings are welcome but will be unable to participate in the programs.
- Sept. 22 Camp Edward
- Sept. 23 Camp Edward
- $30 per Scout/non cub participants
- $6/Adult or Sibling under 6 buying lunch only
Registration is Online
TIME: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Register online individually or with a friend:https://www.seattlebsa.org/cub-scout-camping/47-cub-scout-camping-cat/74-cub-day-at-camp-edward
Parent Pal Weekends at Camp Edwards
Pack 428 doesn’t typically do these camps as a pack, but dens are welcome to set up a weekend or scouts can attend with parents and friends.
Get ready to share some fun parent and son time at the exciting Parent/Pal camp! Located at Camp Edward, north of Monroe at the foot of the Cascade Mts., this weekend camp offers archery, BB gun shooting, crafts, games, nature activities and more for Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Scouts to experience with their mom or dad. There’s lots to see and do! Parents and Scouts stay campsites with 2-person tents and 8-person cabins. Includes meals.
This is a 24-hr camp, with arrival at 9:00 am Saturday and departure by 10:00 am Sunday. When you arrive, you will check in at the camp office, then be guided to your campsite to meet your fellow camp mates. Camp Pigott’s campsites feature tents on platforms that sleep two, and cabins that sleep eight. The new shower building, featuring individual shower rooms and flush toilets, is located nearby. Throughout the day, there is archery, BB gun shooting, crafts, games, Scoutcraft, skit training, nature activity and outdoor learning. Between rotations, meals are served in the dining hall.
- May 5-6
- Sept 15-16
COST: $60 per person
Registration is online
More than one Scout may attend with their mom, dad or other adult relative. Dens and packs are encouraged to sign up together but a separate registration is required for each family. Packs are grouped in the same campsite.
Register individually or with a friend: https://www.seattlebsa.org/camp-edward
If you have any questions regarding this long email and the many camp options, please feel free to give Gina Rose a call!