Pack 428 of Kirkland, WA, has been around for many years and serves the Rose Hill, Ben Rush and Ben Franklin Elementary Schools and surrounding area. We are a chartered member of the BSA, and are part of the Sammamish Trails District within the Chief Seattle Council.
Cub Scout packs consist of several dens, made up of boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade. Each den is gender-specific and usually contains just one grade level, though dens can be combined if needed. Pack 428 currently has seven dens – one boy den for each grade level and one multi-grade girl den. Each month there is usually a pack meeting, a den meeting, a pack outing and possibly a den outing. Pack meetings include all the scouts in the pack, with parents and siblings welcome. Den meetings are smaller; usually just the scout and his or her parent attend.
Our pack meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month in the gym/cafeteria at Ben Rush Elementary, 6101 152nd Ave NE, WA (map). For specific meeting dates and times see “Upcoming Events” below or visit our Pack Meetings page.
All boys and girls of elementary school age, K through 5th, are welcome to join our pack, for more info please visit our Join page.
Wednesday, June 12th* at 6:00pm
June Pack Meeting: Pack Picnic & Awards Ceremony
Grasslawn Park in Redmond, Domed Picnic Shelter
*Second Wednesday, not third
Come celebrate the achievements of our scouts at our end-of-the-year picnic! Charge your camera batteries to catch the moment when your scouts are awarded their final patches of the year and receive their book, neckerchief, and slide for next year.
What’s for Dinner?
The picnic dinner is a blend of items provided by the Pack and potluck contributions from the families. We will have 40+ scouts along with parents and siblings attending to give a guideline on how many of each item we need. Each den has a Signup Genius to help coordinate what items to bring. Here are the assignments:
Pack: Hamburgers, veggie burgers, cheese, hot dogs, buns, water, juice boxes, and service items (paper plates, napkins, forks, spoons, knives)
Lions: Desserts (cookies, brownies, etc)
Tigers: Condiments (please coordinate amongst yourselves who is bringing what: ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, onions, pickles, lettuce)
Wolves: Side dishes – such as potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, green salad, baked beans
Bears: Cut up fruit & veggies – such as watermelon, grapes, oranges, carrots, cucumber slices
Webelos: Chips & dips
- Lion Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DAFA723A1FB6-june1
- Tiger Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DAFA723A1FB6-june
- Wolf Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DAFA723A1FB6-june2
- Bear Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DAFA723A1FB6-june3
- Webelos Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DAFA723A1FB6-june4
- We also need 2 people to run the grill. Please email Amanda Howell, email@example.com, if you are willing to volunteer.
Date: 06/12/2019 (Wed.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm PDT
Location: Grass Lawn Park Dome Shelter
7031 148th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Pack 428 Summer Family Camp (Family Tent Camping)
Friday, June 21 through Sunday, June 23
Birch Bay State Park, Blaine WA
Come join us for two nights of tent camping on Birch Bay, near Blaine! We have 14 camp sites reserved, which are available to the first 14 families that sign up. Come join the fun and get to know other scouting families! This is where the memories are made!
We will enjoy hiking together, learning scouting skills, roasting s’mores, songs around the campfire, and yes… even a little relaxation! Bring the whole family!
- Fee is $50.00 per family, which covers the cost of the campsite rental
- Fees are due to our Treasurer, Mark Nelson, by our June picnic
- Families are responsible for their own food and equipment (let us know if you would like to borrow some of the pack gear!)
- We will have evening campfires, one shared meal, s’mores, skits, hiking and other fun activities planned along with unstructured time for all the families to hang out with one another
|Birch Bay State Park, 5105 Helweg Rd, Blaine, WA 98230, USA||June 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm – June 23, 2019 at 10:00 am||Family Camping|
|July 8, 2019 at 2:00 pm – July 11, 2019 at 8:00 pm||Twilight Day Camp|
|August 15, 2019 at 10:00 am – August 18, 2019 at 11:00 am||Residence Camp|
|September 18, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||(Tentative) First Pack Meeting|
- June 2019 Newsletter (June 1, 2019 4:15 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter June 2019 Congratulations to all our scouts who have achieved their rank this year! Well done! We look forward to celebrating with you at the June picnic. Keep reading below for information on the picnic, summer family camping and summer activities. Be sure to bring your payment for Family Camping and/or Residence … Continue reading June 2019 Newsletter
- May 2019 Newsletter (May 2, 2019 11:23 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter May 2019 We hope you all enjoyed flying those boomerangs! Ours doesn’t come back to us, but it can create quite an arc! We had two service events in April. Congratulations to our scouts who collected 702lbs of food plus $186 for Hopelink – beating last year’s record by 57lbs! … Continue reading May 2019 Newsletter
- April 2019 Newsletter (March 29, 2019 11:25 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter April 2019 Hello, everyone! Happy Spring! What a great time we had at the Pinewood Derby! Congratulations to all of you for making fast or fun (or both!) cars! There was no pack outing in March, because Scouting for Food was changed to April 6. WE STILL NEED SCOUTS … Continue reading April 2019 Newsletter
- March 2019 Newsletter (March 6, 2019 11:59 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter March 2019 Hello families! Thank you to all who joined us for the Blue and Gold Dinner as we said goodbye to our Webelo II Den. It was a wonderful evening filled with memories, talents and laughter. Our Webelo I Den now has taken on the leadership role for our pack and … Continue reading March 2019 Newsletter
- February 2019 Newsletter (February 7, 2019 7:27 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter February 2019 Happy Birthday to Scouting! This is the month we celebrate scouting with our annual Blue and Gold dinner. But at the same time, we say goodbye to several of our families and leaders as our Webelo IIs crossover to Scouts. To the wonderful families leaving us, we thank you so … Continue reading February 2019 Newsletter