Pack 428 of Kirkland, WA, has been around for many years and serves the Rose Hill, Ben Rush and Ben Franklin Elementary Schools and surrounding area. We are a chartered member of the BSA, and are part of the Sammamish Trails District within the Chief Seattle Council.
Cub Scout packs consist of several dens, made up of boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade. Each den is gender-specific and usually contains just one grade level, though dens can be combined if needed. Pack 428 currently has seven dens – one boy den for each grade level and one multi-grade girl den. Each month there is usually a pack meeting, a den meeting, a pack outing and possibly a den outing. Pack meetings include all the scouts in the pack, with parents and siblings welcome. Den meetings are smaller; usually just the scout and his or her parent attend.
Our pack meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month in the gym/cafeteria at Ben Rush Elementary, 6101 152nd Ave NE, WA (map). For specific meeting dates and times see “Upcoming Events” below or visit our Pack Meetings page.
All boys and girls of elementary school age, K through 5th, are welcome to join our pack, for more info please visit our Join page.
February Pack Outing: Snowshoe!
Gold Creek Pond Saturday, February 16 9:30am
Please join our pack for a snowshoe outing around Gold Creek Pond. We will enjoy hot chocolate and snacks after our hike.
Snowshoe Rental is closed. However, you may still sign up to join the hike! Simply bring your own snow shoes. Pease RSVP by February 9. More details and directions are found on the signup page.
Blue and Gold Dinner and Webelo II’s Crossover Ceremony
Friday, February 22 6-8pm
The Blue & Gold Dinner celebrates the birthday of scouting and gives us an opportunity to give back to this wonderful organization. Please mark your calendars to attend this special event. After enjoying a meal together and some entertainment, we will celebrate the Crossover Ceremony of our Webelo 2 scouts as they move on to become Boy Scouts! This is a very meaningful night, recognizing the hard work of our Webelos 2 scouts and their leaders. Please make every effort to attend!
*The Blue and Gold Dinner is in place of our monthly pack meeting! Please note date and location are different than usual. http://www.lwumc.com/be/find-us/
The Blue and Gold Event is a fundraiser for Friends of Scouting. The suggested donation is $50 per family which goes to Scouting at the district and national level.
|Benjamin Rush Elementary School, 6101 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||March 20, 2019 at 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting||Pinewood Derby|
|Benjamin Rush Elementary School, 6101 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||April 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting|
- February 2019 Newsletter (February 7, 2019 7:27 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter February 2019 Happy Birthday to Scouting! This is the month we celebrate scouting with our annual Blue and Gold dinner. But at the same time, we say goodbye to several of our families and leaders as our Webelo IIs crossover to Scouts. To the wonderful families leaving us, we thank you so … Continue reading February 2019 Newsletter
- January 2019 Newsletter (January 5, 2019 2:35 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter January 2019 Happy New Year to all our scouts and families! I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and are ready to jump in to a new year of scouting! Our December service project at Lake Washington United Methodist Church was perhaps the speediest service project in pack history. Our scouts … Continue reading January 2019 Newsletter
- November 2018 Newsletter (November 1, 2018 9:04 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter November 2018 Welcome to a new month of Scouting! We have a lot of fun activities coming up, so please read below. An important reminder about Sleeping With the Sharks is that the sign up is already open, and the deadline is in December. See below for more details. First up: November … Continue reading November 2018 Newsletter
- October 2018 Newsletter (October 4, 2018 9:13 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter October 2018 Greetings Pack 428! We hope you are all getting settled into your new routines. We have some fun events planned for this month and next and hope you can join us. Remember our camping trip this weekend! There is still time to sign up and camp or just … Continue reading October 2018 Newsletter
- Pack Newsletter – September 2018 (September 14, 2018 6:09 pm) - Welcome to a new year of scouting in Pack 428! We are excited to start up our pack meetings again on the third Wednesday of each month at Rose Hill Elementary. The upcoming pack meeting on September 19th is our official start to a new year and our Joining Night, where we welcome new families to our program.