Pack 428 of Kirkland, WA, has been around for many years and serves the Rose Hill, Ben Rush and Ben Franklin Elementary Schools and surrounding area. We are a chartered member of the BSA, and are part of the Sammamish Trails District within the Chief Seattle Council.
Cub Scout packs consist of several dens, made up of boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade. Each den is gender-specific and usually contains just one grade level, though dens can be combined if needed. Pack 428 currently has seven dens – one boy den for each grade level and one multi-grade girl den. Each month there is usually a pack meeting, a den meeting, a pack outing and possibly a den outing. Pack meetings include all the scouts in the pack, with parents and siblings welcome. Den meetings are smaller; usually just the scout and his or her parent attend.
Our pack meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month in the gym/cafeteria at Ben Rush Elementary, 6101 152nd Ave NE, WA (map). For specific meeting dates and times see “Upcoming Events” below or visit our Pack Meetings page.
All boys and girls of elementary school age, K through 5th, are welcome to join our pack, for more info please visit our Join page.
Pack Outing: Scouting for Food
Saturday, April 6th 1pm-4pm, Totem Lake Fred Meyer
This is BSA’s national campaign to collect food for our local food banks and make a difference in our community! Food banks are typically at their lowest levels this time of year and this is a fun and simple way we can help out!
Scouts sign up for a one-hour time slot between 1pm and 4pm at the Totem Lake Fred Meyer. We need four uniformed scouts and two parent supervisors for each hour. We will be stationed out front between the two large double doors. We hand out shopping lists to shoppers as they enter the store and then collect the food that they purchase. We can also accept cash donations. It is a great opportunity for scouts to share their enthusiasm for scouting and practice politely asking for donations. The last group of the day helps pack up the food collected, and it is all taken to HopeLink.
Questions? Please contact Jeff Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, April 17 6:30pm to 8:00pm at 60 Acres North
Pack Meeting: Boomerang Guys!
Ever wondered how it comes back to you? We have a couple boomerang experts who have been to the World Championships coming to teach us! We will learn about different types of boomerangs and their uses. And we will learn how to throw them! Please note the change in location for this meeting. Each scout gets a boomerang to take home. Additional boomerangs for guests and siblings are $5.
The boomerang demonstration will happen at the beginning of the meeting due to the fading light. Please make every effort to come on time! Do we have an inclement weather plan? You bet we do! We’re scouts! Every effort will be made to send an email by the evening prior if we need to change locations.
April Pack Outing: Earth Day Stewardship Event at Bridle Trails State Park
Saturday, April 27 from 9:00am – 12:00pm
We will be participating in an Earth Day 2019 event at Bridle Trails State Park on Saturday, April 27 from 9:00 am to noon. It’s a great opportunity to celebrate Earth Day and help our community! Exact location within the park is still under consideration, so stay tuned for a precise location!
Be sure to bring your boots, gloves, and hand pruners. The park will have some gloves and hand pruners available if you do not have your own, but long-sleeved shirts, boots and thick pants are recommended!
A free pizza lunch will be provided for those who want to stay after their hard work. There will be water and snacks during the event as well. The kids loved the pizza and snacks last year, and had a great time overall.
All scouting ranks require community service or a community clean-up project ~ this is a fun way to get those projects in. The Scouts love pulling ivy and digging in the dirt!
Please Contact Melinda Gray with questions (email@example.com)
While we don’t have the exact meetup location yet, Bridle Trails is a state park, so a Discover Pass is required to park. If you don’t already have one I encourage you to purchase one, as the sale of $30 Discover Passes provides much of the Parks’ revenue.
|Bridle Trails State Park, 5300 116th Ave. N.W., Kirkland, WA 98033, USA||April 27, 2019 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm||Earth Day Service||SIGN UP HERE: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4caaae22a6f85-earth|
|Tolt River-John MacDonald Park, 31020 NE 40th St, Carnation, WA 98014, USA||May 10, 2019 at 4:00 pm – May 12, 2019 at 10:00 am||Pack/Family Camping||Stay for 2 nights, 1 night or Saturday day. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F49AEAC2AA1F49-spring|
|Benjamin Rush Elementary School, 6101 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||May 15, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting||Rocket Building|
|60 Acres North Field, 15200 NE 116th St, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||May 18, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Rocket Launch||Time to see how high our rockets can go!|
|Grass Lawn Park, 7031 148th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||June 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting and Picnic||Picnic and Promotion under the Pavilion|
- April 2019 Newsletter (March 29, 2019 11:25 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter April 2019 Hello, everyone! Happy Spring! What a great time we had at the Pinewood Derby! Congratulations to all of you for making fast or fun (or both!) cars! There was no pack outing in March, because Scouting for Food was changed to April 6. WE STILL NEED SCOUTS … Continue reading April 2019 Newsletter
- March 2019 Newsletter (March 6, 2019 11:59 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter March 2019 Hello families! Thank you to all who joined us for the Blue and Gold Dinner as we said goodbye to our Webelo II Den. It was a wonderful evening filled with memories, talents and laughter. Our Webelo I Den now has taken on the leadership role for our pack and … Continue reading March 2019 Newsletter
- February 2019 Newsletter (February 7, 2019 7:27 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter February 2019 Happy Birthday to Scouting! This is the month we celebrate scouting with our annual Blue and Gold dinner. But at the same time, we say goodbye to several of our families and leaders as our Webelo IIs crossover to Scouts. To the wonderful families leaving us, we thank you so … Continue reading February 2019 Newsletter
- January 2019 Newsletter (January 5, 2019 2:35 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter January 2019 Happy New Year to all our scouts and families! I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and are ready to jump in to a new year of scouting! Our December service project at Lake Washington United Methodist Church was perhaps the speediest service project in pack history. Our scouts … Continue reading January 2019 Newsletter
- November 2018 Newsletter (November 1, 2018 9:04 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter November 2018 Welcome to a new month of Scouting! We have a lot of fun activities coming up, so please read below. An important reminder about Sleeping With the Sharks is that the sign up is already open, and the deadline is in December. See below for more details. First up: November … Continue reading November 2018 Newsletter