Pack 428 of Kirkland, WA, has been around for many years and serves the Rose Hill, Ben Rush and Ben Franklin Elementary Schools and surrounding area. We are a chartered member of the BSA, and are part of the Sammamish Trails District within the Chief Seattle Council.
Cub Scout packs consist of several dens, made up of boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade. Each den is gender-specific and usually contains just one grade level, though dens can be combined if needed. Pack 428 currently has seven dens – one boy den for each grade level and one multi-grade girl den. Each month there is usually a pack meeting, a den meeting, a pack outing and possibly a den outing. Pack meetings include all the scouts in the pack, with parents and siblings welcome. Den meetings are smaller; usually just the scout and his or her parent attend.
Our pack meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month in the gym/cafeteria at Ben Rush Elementary, 6101 152nd Ave NE, WA (map). For specific meeting dates and times see “Upcoming Events” below or visit our Pack Meetings page.
All boys and girls of elementary school age, K through 5th, are welcome to join our pack, for more info please visit our Join page.
Wednesday, March 20th, 6:30-8 at Ben Rush Elementary
PINEWOOD DERBY PLUS PIZZA DINNER!
Skip dinner at home and join us for pizza! The first 30 minutes of the meeting will involve getting your cars registered, inspected, weighed on the OFFICIAL scale and lined up for racing. Remember the rules! If you need to review them, you can find them here: https://pack428.com/events/pinewood-derby/pinewood-derby-rules/. All cars must be weighed on our OFFICIAL SCALE.
7:00 PM – Racetime! There will be two heats. In the first heat, every registered car races on each of the four tracks. The worst time for each car is dropped and the den awards are given based on these times. The fastest cars move on to the second heat in which the cars race again on all four tracks to determine the final winners of the pinewood derby.
7:50 PM – Awards!
Speed! We have awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each den.
Speed! Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall
Creativity! Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Turtle Award! Trophy for the slowest car
Most Realistic Award! Trophy for the most realistic looking car
Pack Outing: Scouting for Food
Saturday, April 6th 1pm-4pm, Totem Lake Fred Meyer
This is BSA’s national campaign to collect food for our local food banks and make a difference in our community! Food banks are typically at their lowest levels this time of year and this is a fun and simple way we can help out!
Scouts sign up for a one-hour time slot between 1pm and 4pm at the Totem Lake Fred Meyer. We need four uniformed scouts and two parent supervisors for each hour. We will be stationed out front between the two large double doors. We hand out shopping lists to shoppers as they enter the store and then collect the food that they purchase. We can also accept cash donations. It is a great opportunity for scouts to share their enthusiasm for scouting and practice politely asking for donations. The last group of the day helps pack up the food collected, and it is all taken to HopeLink.
Questions? Please contact Jeff Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fred Meyer, 12221 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034, USA||April 6, 2019 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Scouting For Food||SIGN UP HERE: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49aeac2aa1f49-scouting|
|60 Acres North Field, 15200 NE 116th St, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||April 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting||Boomerang Demonstration|
|Tolt River-John MacDonald Park, 31020 NE 40th St, Carnation, WA 98014, USA||May 10, 2019 at 4:00 pm – May 12, 2019 at 10:00 am||Pack/Family Camping|
|Benjamin Rush Elementary School, 6101 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||May 15, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting||Rocket Building|
|60 Acres North Field, 15200 NE 116th St, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||May 18, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Rocket Launch||Time to see how high our rockets can go!|
- March 2019 Newsletter (March 6, 2019 11:59 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter March 2019 Hello families! Thank you to all who joined us for the Blue and Gold Dinner as we said goodbye to our Webelo II Den. It was a wonderful evening filled with memories, talents and laughter. Our Webelo I Den now has taken on the leadership role for our pack and … Continue reading March 2019 Newsletter
- February 2019 Newsletter (February 7, 2019 7:27 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter February 2019 Happy Birthday to Scouting! This is the month we celebrate scouting with our annual Blue and Gold dinner. But at the same time, we say goodbye to several of our families and leaders as our Webelo IIs crossover to Scouts. To the wonderful families leaving us, we thank you so … Continue reading February 2019 Newsletter
- January 2019 Newsletter (January 5, 2019 2:35 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter January 2019 Happy New Year to all our scouts and families! I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and are ready to jump in to a new year of scouting! Our December service project at Lake Washington United Methodist Church was perhaps the speediest service project in pack history. Our scouts … Continue reading January 2019 Newsletter
- November 2018 Newsletter (November 1, 2018 9:04 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter November 2018 Welcome to a new month of Scouting! We have a lot of fun activities coming up, so please read below. An important reminder about Sleeping With the Sharks is that the sign up is already open, and the deadline is in December. See below for more details. First up: November … Continue reading November 2018 Newsletter
- October 2018 Newsletter (October 4, 2018 9:13 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter October 2018 Greetings Pack 428! We hope you are all getting settled into your new routines. We have some fun events planned for this month and next and hope you can join us. Remember our camping trip this weekend! There is still time to sign up and camp or just … Continue reading October 2018 Newsletter