Pack 428 of Kirkland, WA, has been around for many years and serves the Rose Hill, Ben Rush and Ben Franklin Elementary Schools and surrounding area. We are a chartered member of the BSA, and are part of the Sammamish Trails District within the Chief Seattle Council.
Cub Scout packs consist of several dens, made up of boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade. Each den is gender-specific and usually contains just one grade level, though dens can be combined if needed. Pack 428 currently has seven dens – one boy den for each grade level and one multi-grade girl den. Each month there is usually a pack meeting, a den meeting, a pack outing and possibly a den outing. Pack meetings include all the scouts in the pack, with parents and siblings welcome. Den meetings are smaller; usually just the scout and his or her parent attend.
Our pack meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month in the gym/cafeteria at Ben Rush Elementary, 6101 152nd Ave NE, WA (map). For specific meeting dates and times see “Upcoming Events” below or visit our Pack Meetings page.
All boys and girls of elementary school age, K through 5th, are welcome to join our pack, for more info please visit our Join page.
Spring Family Camp (Family tent camping)
Friday-Sunday, May 10-12
Tolt MacDonald Park, Carnation, WA
The Spring Family camp is a great opportunity to camp as a family and finish those important outdoor elements that the Scouts need to earn their badges. We will enjoy spending time at the rivers, biking and hiking, doing achievements, a campfire program that will be put on by the Scouts, and even a little relaxation! Bring the whole family!
Wednesday, May 15, 6:30-8pm Ben Rush Elementary
Pack Meeting: Rocket Building Workshop
It is time to build our rockets in anticipation of our yearly Rocket Launch at 60 Acres Field. Our Rocket Launch date is Saturday, May 18th beginning at 4:00pm with a picnic and rockets blasting off soon after. At the pack meeting, rockets and building supplies will be provided for each registered Cub Scout. We have a limited supply of extra rockets for siblings who would like to participate. They can be purchased at the Pack Meeting for $13, while supplies last (one rocket per person, please). This fee also includes engines for 3 launches at the subsequent rocket launch outing.
If you have to miss our rocket building workshop please be sure to make arrangements with your den leader to pick up your rocket and build it before the big day! Keep in mind you will need approximately 30 minutes to construct the rocket at home, plus allow plenty of time on top of that for the glue to dry before the launch date.
Recruiting Opportunity! Bring your friends, younger siblings and anyone who will be entering Kindergarten or 1st grade next year! Invite a friend to build a rocket and come to the rocket launch! We are ready to start recruiting for next year’s Lions and Tigers! The summer activities are fun and low key, a great opportunity to start to make new friends and get a jump start on the rank requirements for next year!
Saturday, May 18th, 4-7pm, 60 Acres Park in Redmond
Pack Outing: Rocket Launch and Potluck Picnic
Don’t miss the always popular Annual Pack Rocket Launch!!!
We will begin our event with an optional family picnic @ 4:00. Bring dinner for your family and enjoy a picnic with the pack. Bring a dessert or side to share if you can.
|Grass Lawn Park, 7031 148th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA||June 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Pack Meeting and Picnic||Picnic and Promotion under the Pavilion|
|Birch Bay State Park, 5105 Helweg Rd, Blaine, WA 98230, USA||June 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm – June 23, 2019 at 10:00 am||Family Camping|
|August 15, 2019 at 10:00 am – August 18, 2019 at 11:00 am||Residence Camp|
- May 2019 Newsletter (May 2, 2019 11:23 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter May 2019 We hope you all enjoyed flying those boomerangs! Ours doesn’t come back to us, but it can create quite an arc! We had two service events in April. Congratulations to our scouts who collected 702lbs of food plus $186 for Hopelink – beating last year’s record by 57lbs! … Continue reading May 2019 Newsletter
- April 2019 Newsletter (March 29, 2019 11:25 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter April 2019 Hello, everyone! Happy Spring! What a great time we had at the Pinewood Derby! Congratulations to all of you for making fast or fun (or both!) cars! There was no pack outing in March, because Scouting for Food was changed to April 6. WE STILL NEED SCOUTS … Continue reading April 2019 Newsletter
- March 2019 Newsletter (March 6, 2019 11:59 am) - Pack 428 Newsletter March 2019 Hello families! Thank you to all who joined us for the Blue and Gold Dinner as we said goodbye to our Webelo II Den. It was a wonderful evening filled with memories, talents and laughter. Our Webelo I Den now has taken on the leadership role for our pack and … Continue reading March 2019 Newsletter
- February 2019 Newsletter (February 7, 2019 7:27 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter February 2019 Happy Birthday to Scouting! This is the month we celebrate scouting with our annual Blue and Gold dinner. But at the same time, we say goodbye to several of our families and leaders as our Webelo IIs crossover to Scouts. To the wonderful families leaving us, we thank you so … Continue reading February 2019 Newsletter
- January 2019 Newsletter (January 5, 2019 2:35 pm) - Pack 428 Newsletter January 2019 Happy New Year to all our scouts and families! I hope you all had a wonderful vacation and are ready to jump in to a new year of scouting! Our December service project at Lake Washington United Methodist Church was perhaps the speediest service project in pack history. Our scouts … Continue reading January 2019 Newsletter